MAKE MEDIEVAL ARCHES & VAULTS IN BLENDER

I learned long ago why reinvent a tutorial to share when there are excellent ones already out there but, they may be difficult to find or underutilized.

Recently, I participated in community challenge for a Udemy Beginning Blender Course I am taking. The challenge was "Treasure Hunt". Since I was reading some historical fiction when I stated, I decided to so a big of historical medieval treasures. LOL yes, it was made to look dark...you know...lost treasure in a crazy dark medieval castle dungeon.

Everything, with the exception of the table cloth was made in Blender. Since I don't particularly care of Blender's cloth simulation, the table cloth was made in Marvelous Designer and the initial texture was add there. All textures, with the exception of the stone walls and the table cloth were created in Blender's Cycle Render, which does a really good job of metals by the way.
As I was creating my "display box" so to speak, I decided I wanted to do some medieval type arches. I played around with it for a bit and just didn't like what I created. I tried watching a couple of tutorials on YouTube but wasn't very satisfied those processes either so, I did a bit more digging on the web and sorted through a lot of tutorials.

What I found was a blog called 3dMedieval's Tutorial Emporium. Sadly, it looks the blog is only a few posts and doesn't look like it has been updated since 2011. But the good news is, it provides instructions how to create not only arches but medieval vaults in Blender, which to me look pretty technically challenging! Although, if you follow Mr. Turner's tutorial, he makes it pretty easy to make.  The technique he uses can also be applied to many many things so it might be something you will want to look into. You can find these two tutorials at the following URL

http://3dmedieval.blogspot.com/2010/12/modeling-low-poly-medieval-arch.html 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

WHAT THE HECK ARE ALL THESE MAPS IN BLENDER AND 3D MODELING?