CREATING A SWORD-BEGINNER BLENDER PROJECT TUTORIAL

The past couple of weeks I have been working on a monthly Blender student challenge located at GameDev.tv.  It is a community set up for students taking the "Learning 3D Modeling: A Complete Blender Creator Course"  along with Unity and Unreal courses at Udemy.com.  They have a Weekly and now a Monthly challenge using Blender, which is something run by students with the winner choosing the next challenge's theme.

LOST TREASURE


LOL...yes, this is a bit dark but is suppose to be in a dark dungeon where lost treasure is found!  Anyway, you can sorta see the sword I made laying in the table in the lighter version below. 

Lost Treasure 2
When I was mulling over the concept in my mind, I was rather clueless how to create a sword.  I think there are probably many ways you could go about creating a sword in Blender but, I wasn't terribly confident in my abilities.  I wanted to see if there were any tutorials out there that might show me how others make swords.  So, I went over to YouTube and ran a search.  Woah!  There were lots of them with a lot of speed modeling videos.  Not for me, even when you lower the speed the videos play.  

The one I found I really liked and was easy to follow along with made by a woman named VscorpianC.  She has a ton of offerings from Gimp to Inkscape (another open source software similar to Illustrator) to MakeHuman, Krita, Wings 3d, Blender and much much more!  I have seen several of her Blender Tutorials in the past and subscribed some time ago because they were always very informative.  The only thing I had a hard time with is there are soooo many videos in her channel it was hard to sort through them all!  YouTube doesn't really have a search function within the channels themselves. :-(  Good thing I had done a search before I looking at all her offerings!  There are tons and tons.  

The best way to search in YouTube is type what you are looking for and include VscorpianC in the search line...example...unwrapping in blender VscorpianC.   It should lead you to unwrapping in Blender by her.  This technique can be used for any YouTube creator, who may have tons of video offerings

To make it easy for you, I thought I would write up this little article and share her video here.  It really is nicely done and also shows you how to add materials to the sword, although it doesn't go into unwrapping.  I would suggest though you watch it on YouTube and subscribe to VscorpianC's channel for future reference!

Blender 3D Tutorial - Beginners, Practice Modeling a Simple Sword by VscorpianC


Once you have an idea how her technique works, you can create your own stunning medieval or fantasy swords like I did!  

Remember, encourage all YouTube tutorial creator's to continue creating more valuable tutorials such as this one!  Like their videos and provide positive feedback or questions!   A nice polite "Thank You" really goes a long way!

Happy Creating!
Morgaine




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

BLENDER CYCLES TUTORIAL