BLENDER CYCLES TUTORIAL

Earlier today, I posted a video series by BornCG from YouTube.  I wanted to post a few additional video tutorials and resources because in part, not only do I use it to share with others, I also use this blog as a huge filing cabinet of information for me to refer back to in the future.

As I have been working my way from the beginning today, (it never hurts to go back to the beginning) BornCG got to the dreaded part about lighting, UVs, materials, textures *shudders* and the part about the Cycles Render in Blender. I am lucky to be able to apply different materials to my mesh so I can just texture them appropriately in Second Life or InWorldz!  Yes, I now have a presence in InWorldz or, at least an updated one and will tell you about it in the near future!

Trying to do textures in Blender seems to be a fricking nightmare for me!  And, before I watched the videos posted below, no one could tell me how to scale textures in Blender. This gentleman made a pretty scary and complex subject a lot less scarier when it come to Cycle Render in Blender.

While I don't understand it all, I am out researching to find written reference sources of what all the nodes are, what they are suppose to do, and how you are suppose to use them. I couldn't find any before but you have to know what your are looking for to be able to find them!  LOL...yes, I am a bit backwards at times.  Anyway, if anyone has a resource they want to share, IM me in Second Life or InWorldz (name is the same in both places) with your links and I will update this article to share.

FYI--These videos are from BornCG's Blender 2.7 Tutorials on YouTube (he has lots and lots) and they are geared towards Beginners. I have tried to post those videos related to UV Unwrapping, Materials, Textures, Lighting etc.  While you do not have to watch the entire series, I would suggest you go through the listed videos in order because he does create a foundation he builds upon.




RESOURCES:
Here are a couple of resources for your regarding the various Blender Cycle Render Nodes.  I will add to this area when more pop-up

Blender Guru-This is a very good and detailed resource and very helpful!
http://www.blenderguru.com/articles/cycles-shader-encyclopedia/ 

Blender.org-From the Blender Reference Manual...I am sorry but this is too technical for me but may be useful to you.
https://www.blender.org/manual/de/render/cycles/nodes/index.html
https://www.blender.org/manual/render/cycles/nodes/shaders.html 

Chocofu.com-I really don't know anything about this site but this article appears to be somewhat helpful.
http://www.chocofur.com/6-shadersamptextures.html 


Happy Blendering!
Morgaine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER