BLENDER 2.7 TUTORIAL SERIES BY BORNCG (BEGINNERS)

I have known about this series for quite some time but, I have never had the time to explore the series until recently.  I wanted to post it here because places like Builders Brewery, in Second Life, is placing emphasis on learning Maya for Sansar (Linden Labs' new platform) since only Maya created mesh will be allowed Or, people like Haven Ditko and Garvie Garzo are no longer teaching Beginning Bender in world.  So, I have started directly new folks to this series if they wish to learn Blender.

This gentleman, according to his introduction video #0,  is apparently an educator with experience from teaching young children through adults. The videos may seem quite lengthy at times but, I find this a good thing because it is a much slower pace than many videos out there.  I think a slower pace allows you time to work along side the video while allowing you to learn and retain valuable complex information about this software.

As BornCG states, in his introduction video #0, it is best if you have a 3 button mouse.  I run a Mac but use a Logictech wireless keyboard and mouse; I simply hate Mac's keyboard and mouse for my desk top. I am not overly fond of the track pads on the laptops either so I have a Logictech wireless laptop mouse I can use when I use Blender away from home.  While using a mouse may seem old fashioned to some, it just the way Blender is oriented.  It makes us it easier for us older adults, who have been using mice for so many years.  Also, the 2.7 Blender series, is very point and click oriented!   I am a point and click girl because I can't remember all the darn shortcuts. :-)

Blender 2.7 Tutorial #1 : Navigating in 3D & The Basics #b3d By BornCG

 


USEFUL BEGINNER SHORT CUTS 
Blender is very short cut oriented and there are many shortcuts for Blender.  I found several lists of shortcuts when I started and the amount was overwhelming.  But, remember, for every shortcut there will be point and click mouse option available so don't let remembering shortcuts keep you from your goal of learning how to use Blender.

The following shortcuts you will use over and over again.  
  • Shift C =Center Cursor
  • Shift A=Add mesh 
  • Shift D=Duplicate object (if you click on X,Y, or Z right after, it confines the direction to move the duplicated object.  Comes in handy!)
  • G=Grab (move)
  • R=Rotate
  • S=Scale (size, resize)
  • X=Delete (selected whole object(s) in Object Mode or, certain vertex, edges, faces in Edit Mode)
  • T=Toolshelf (toggles tool shelf on and off within the your work space known as the Viewport.  It is on the far left side.) 
  • N=Properties Tab (toggles on and off properties panel, on the right side of theViewport. Is for Viewport settings and Object information in the Viewport)
  • W=Specials Menu (holds a variety of useful & often used modeling shortcuts)
I hope you enjoy this series and it makes Blender easier for you to learn. 

Happy Creating!
Morgaine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

MAKE MEDIEVAL ARCHES & VAULTS IN BLENDER