2D to 3D How Patterns Work--Uses Marvelous Designer

I am always looking for tutorials or videos to help me in my quest to improve my creative skills for Second Life.  As most of you know, my quest for the last year or so has been to learn 3-D Modeling for building, furniture, and clothing construction.  I started out with Mesh Studio while taking classes to learn Blender (still have a long way to go with it) then I stumbled across Marvelous Designer.

Of late, I have been concentrating on learning more about Marvelous Designer.  While there are some good videos out there to get you up and running with Marvelous Designer in very little time. I have found most of the tutorial lacks information about clothing construction in general.  Sure, I can mimic what I see, but doesn't really tell me the "why" of something.


I accidentally ran across the following video, which talks about taking 2D patterns and turning them into 3D clothing or, at least, it uses Marvelous Designer to demonstrate "real world" sewing concepts.  It also provides you with some example information how to fix some clothing issues, which are quite useful for the Marvelous Designer Seamstress or Tailor.

Got a tutorial or video to share? Drop me an email or contact me in-world about sharing it with other readers.


Happy Creating!
Morgaine





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

WHAT THE HECK ARE ALL THESE MAPS IN BLENDER AND 3D MODELING?