SL LAYERED CLOTHING TEMPLATE-Matching Stripes

I browse around a lot in my pursuit of learning opportunities and resources.  During a recent hunt for some tutorials on "lips" I found something pretty remarkable and something I had not encountered before.  LOL...it didn't even pertain to my "lips" search but it will be may be useful to SL Layered Clothing Creators, especially to new Creators.  This information comes directly from the SL Forums.  For more information, see the link posted below to access the original conversation.

The following image appears to be a "Horizontal Stripe Matching Guide" based on Chip Midnight's version of the AV Maps. It is still a very useful too Clothing Creators and Designers, who may be working with  "layered" clothing still or, mesh based on the SL AV templates.

I found this resource in a 2010 SL Forum's post by Rolig Loon, who is a long time resident of SL and post frequently on the SL Forums answering questions, sharing resources, and providing creative advice to others am not sure who the original creator of this guide is.  Currently, I only have the "Lowers" guide in the format you see below to share with you.  If someone has the "Uppers" template,  please contact me!  I would like to share the "Uppers" with my Readers as well.

Rolig wrote she thought Chip Midnight or Chosen Few created this "Horizontal Stripes Matching" guide but wasn't completely sure.  I tried to follow the link listed but it is dead.  I tried a cursory  Google search while preparing this post, but came up empty handed. Seems LL isn't very good at archiving and maintaining older forums.  I understand the complexity, but , SL Residents miss out on SL's unique history and  valuable resources. I will save that rant for another day.


SL Layered Clothing--Horizontal Stripe Matching Guide

I sincerely apologize to the original creator, in advance, for not being able to credit them directly for their work and contribution. If anyone knows the original creator, please contact me so I can update this post and give credit where credit is due.

Resources

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Texturing/Alignment-of-patterns-like-stripes-and-squares-for-starters/td-p/433256

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

BLENDER CYCLES TUTORIAL