Second Life Hair Fair 2013

NOW OPEN

HAIR FAIR 2013

I was doing a little shopping today...*Gasps*...Yes!  The non-shopper went shopping.  I needed some new hair for an RP I have been doing...wanting to update my look.  I went to visit my favorite "Hair Store", which I will now shamelessly plug.
 

EMO-tions has to be my favorite place to get hair.  Not only can you find mesh hair, you can still find flexible prim hair, which I still LOVE!  Mirja Mills offers some of the nicest hair for men and women I have seen in SL.  I really like the "flame" and "dark red" colors she offers because I am a picky red head.



Visit EMO-tions blog for the latest and greatest!
 EMOs also has a nice assortment of designer fashions...nothing off the rack here...and now jewelry.  What is on offer is not the run-of-the-mill, same old, cookie cutter, items that seems so prevalent in SL these days.  

What I didn't know, when I arrived at EMO-tions, the 2013 Hair Fair event is now currently in full swing. EMO-tions had several provocative new hair styles on display only available at the 2013 Hair Fair.  Of course, I had to go check them out with the conveniently placed landmark giver. 

 

2013 HAIR FAIR

When I arrived (early on a Sunday morning SLT time), there were not that many people around on the 4 sims that the 2013 Hair Fair covers.   If you have not been to a past Hair Fair, you should pick and chose your times accordingly...like any event...the place tends to be lagging.  And if you are using the newest Firestorm Viewer, you may already be encountering lag and other problems you may never have encountered before.  I know I am having problems and usually don't.  As a precaution, I set my Viewer distance preferences to "low".  You may not receive as much detail or, see as far, but you will reduce your rezzing time and some of the lag.

If you are a new Second Life (SL) Resident, or, even an old one, you should check out the Hair Fair (click on the above SLURL)

Wigs for Kids

This year's motif seems to be one of "Legos" sprawling over the four sims in a variety of primary colors. The shops housing the various hair vendors are made up of these building blocks so reminiscent of may of our childhoods. 

Many of the designers have put their own spin on the interiors of these seemingly innocuous builds...everything from retro to classy elegance can be found.  A part of the proceeds goes to this year's charity is "Wigs for Kids". 

If possible, please purchase yourself some new hair at the fair.  And, if you have a few extra Lindens you can part with for a worthy cause, make a donation at on of the "Wigs for Kids" donation boxes.


For more information about this wonderful charity, please click on the link above to be directed to the charity's real world home page. 

Hurry!  The Hair Fair closes July 28th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER CYCLES TUTORIAL

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER