SL CLOTHING PHOTOSHOP TOOLS ERRATICA

As I have been working on a couple of Wintery Christmas type dresses, hopefully to be released in the next few days, they are relatively plain, understated and conservative.  LOL...a new twist on much of the clothing you see In-World. 

I have had to look up a number of Photoshop tools and shortcuts to make my life easier.  Since I can never find things when I want them, I thought this would be a nice place to post them for me to find in the future...LOL. I hope these quick tips and shortcuts will be useful to you and others that may stumble across this blog. 

Please be aware, I use CS6 and a MAC and could forget to add the PC alternative.  Generally, the only difference between the shortcuts are MAC will use the Command key; whereas, PC will use Control.  So, to save me some time I will use Command/Control then the additional keystroke, where appropriate. 

Please keep checking back.  I will be flagging this as a page so it is easy to find...I hope...and add to that page the bits and pieces as I am able. 


PHOTOSHOP SHORTCUTS

Duplicate Single Layer or Multiple Layers


Select one or more layers in the layers panel you want to duplicate then.

DUPLICATE LAYERS-Command/Control + J 


Copy and Paste Special

 

When working with SL Clothing, you have to be really careful where you place things.  Often, I will copy/cut specific elements and move to different layers.  For example, I have my sleeves, my fronts tops and back tops all on separate layers. For me, it makes matching seams easier. However, a regular paste command will not place the copied/cut element to your new layer in the exact same position but center it on the new layer.

COPY-Command/Control + C 
CUT-Command/Control + X
PASTE-Command/Control + V


If you wish to copy/cut an element and place it exactly the same position as where it was copied/cut from to a new layer use

SPECIAL PASTE-Command/Control + Shift + V

Create New File/Layer

 

NEW FILE-Command/Control +  N 
NEW LAYER-Command/Control + Shift + N  


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

MAKE MEDIEVAL ARCHES & VAULTS IN BLENDER