VILLEVOTTE: AN ADULT SIM

I had a couple people complain to me recently they couldn't get into Villevotte  to view a building I sell because it Villevotte is on the Adult Continent and they were not adult verified.  I regret that I lost a couple of sales over that fact, but I have never actually set out to make any money in SL other than to cover my building supply costs. 

What little I sell, rarely covers those costs and in no way have my sales nor probably will they ever cover the $200.00 monthly tier fee I pay.  Sometimes, I feel that I am the sole supporter of the SL economy LOL. 

Yes, I purposefully chose to move my sim holdings to the Adult Continent when the continent opened. I did this because, at the time, I was running RP that was not geared towards minors.  With a group of RPers, one cannot be on 24/7 to police their actions, which may include adult situations.  An Adult sim offers the advantage of at least you, as a sim owner, are trying your best to not corrupt the youth of the world. Of course, minors do slip in and must be reported to SL no matter how mature they may act. 

While I am no longer running RP on Villevotte, I have chosen to stay here because there is a limited feeling, Adults are the ones that come to shop here and I am not corrupting someone's child if I would chose to create and/or display adult content.

Adult rated sims have both advantages and disadvantages.  A major disadvantage for some residents is you must be adult verified and that option enabled to visit my shops.  While I do respect the rights of my fellow SLers, who chose not to give their information to become verified, I hope my fellows will also respect my choice of being on the adult continent.

I often wonder why anyone would not wish to be adult verified.  I don't think I have ever been in another virtual venue or game that doesn't require some form of identification. Of course, SL allows FREE access to anyone that wished to download and install the platform and enter our wonderful world.

I appreciate your understanding. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND LIFE MODEL IN A-POSE FOR MARVELOUS DESIGNER

BLENDER-IMPORT IMAGES AS A PLANE-CYCLES RENDER

BLENDER CYCLES TUTORIAL